Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Psychiatrist
Duties and responsibilities:
Psychiatrists are physicians who specialize in the problems of mental illness. As physicians, they are licensed to use wide variety of treatments and may write prescriptions. Psychiatrists may work for the government, have their own private practice, or work in hospitals, clinics, or universities. Their duties include:
·        Designing treatment programs
·        Conducting psychotherapy sessions
·        Prescribing potent mental illness drugs
·        Supervising electrotherapy treatments
·         Conducting research
·        Leading a team of mental health care providers

Average slavery: $90,000-$200,000
Educational requirements: Bachelor’s, Master’s, Ph.D. degree

In addition to completing the requirements for a degree in allopathic or osteopathic medicine, psychiatrists must complete an intensive three year residency in psychiatry.
No I would not want to be a psychiatrist because maybe when I’m older I might have problems of my own and how can I be able to help people with their problems when I’m trying to figure out how to deal with my own problems.


No comments:

Post a Comment